Thursday 5 January 2017

Flying with EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER Home With B-16726

Welcome to my trip report on EVA Airways!


*Aircraft photos are credited to the respective photographers from Airliners.net 

For my part 1, click here



Introduction

Checking the history of flight BR215 (TPE-SIN route), B-16722 flies on certain days as it flies to Houston and back. As this flight is now daily, other aircraft would also fly on this route but only the 77A configured Boeing 777-300ER. So checking Flightradar24 history of this flight, I knew I would miss B-16722 as at that time, it was on its way to Houston. Hopefully, I would be flying on one of the newer Boeing 777-300ER. 

A day before the flight, I was considering whether I should pick an aisle seat for this trip report, usually, I go for the window seat. After considering for a while, I decided to choose an aisle seat, 58D. 



I was hoping to fly one of the Boeing 777-300ER in the new livery 


Some photos were taken during my one day stay in Taipei 


Typical Taiwanese Street in the evening 


Fisherman's Wharf (One of my favourite places)


I am in love too! 


Are you into Pokemon? Lapras is my favorite. 


On the day of departure 


From the hotel, I took the bus to the airport (NT$90)


Greeted by this! 


The long queue of travelers making their way up


It was quite crowded that morning - quite usual for the morning peak hours. 


Queued up for around 10 minutes before getting my boarding pass and my luggage checked in 


Sad to be leaving, but I will be back in the near future. 



Look at the number of flights! 


EVA Air's lounges at the airside 


At this time, I was looking for food 


Found the perfect place to enjoy my breakfast and do plane spotting at the same time 


China Airlines Boeing 747-400 taxiing to the runway while the Boeing 777-300ER just lifted off


China Airlines are very happy with the Boeing 777


Flight route: TPE-SIN

Flight miles: 1,996


My ride: B-16726 





Date of departure: 8th Dec 2016
Airline: EVA Air 
Flight: BR215
Route: TPE-SIN
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Registration: B-16726 (Leased from ALC)
Delivered on 14th Jan 2016
Engines: 2 x GE90-115B
Configuration: C39 W56 Y238
Line number: 1366
Gate: D6
Seat: 58D 
Duration: 4 hours 5 mins
Load: 100% in Y class
Scheduled departure: 0955
Boarding: 0935 (delay)
Push back: 1006
Take off: 1020
Scheduled arrival: 1430
Actual arrival: 1434
Departure runway 23R
Arrival runway: 02L


The fun part begins




Hope you enjoy the photos! 

Business Class 









Premium Economy








Economy Class 




















What's for brunch?






I chose the beef option - quite delicious 


Taiwanese beer to enjoy 


In-flight Entertainment System 










In-flight Wifi 



I am certainly a big fan of EVA Air. Don't mind my sleepy look! 


My rating: 

Website/mobile app: 7/10
On ground service: 7/10
Taipei Taoyuan Airport Experience: 7/10
In-flight service: 8/10
In-flight entertainment system including Wifi: 8/10
In-flight meal: 8/10
Cabin interior: 9/10
Cleanliness: 10/10
Seat comfort: 8/10
Punctuality: 7/10

Conclusion 

It was a pleasant experience with EVA Air once again and this time around the in-flight service was better than my previous experience. The management of this airline has been working to improve both the software and hardware in all classes and you can see the effort from the aggressive advertising. With the airline doing financially well in the Taiwanese market, it's aim is to reach out to more passengers especially from the Star Alliance group and also to give China Airlines a fierce but healthy competition.

My next adventure with this airline is to fly on this beauty (photo below) and will probably do Cebu to Taiwan route in this new year (2017). 

This is the "Gudetama" special livery - do you like it?


When? I am still in the planning stage but more information will be released once the plan gets the go ahead. 

Hope you enjoy this trip report! 

Do check out my part 1 over here and other EVA Air trip reports at the link list below. 

Cheers,
Charles 

1 comment: